Makeover Zucchini Supper Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 cups cubed day-old whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 3/4 pound reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage, onion, carrot and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine bread cubes and milk; set aside.
- Remove meat mixture from the heat; drain. Stir in flour until blended. Stir in bread mixture and remaining ingredients. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Uncover and stir. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Zucchini Supper(8)
Sort By :
Made the recipe exactly as stated with the exception of putting in sage...neither I nor my husband care for it. I don't know what went wrong but it was so juicy I had to bake it uncovered (after the first 45 minutes covered) an additional 1 - 1.25 hours to firm it up some and brown. Even then it was still juicy. The flavor was good and my husband is quite a picky eater but will help eat the leftovers. It's currently tipped on a slant to get more of the juice out. It was quite an experience. Checked the recipe a couple of times and did exactly as it came off the internet. Go figure!!!!!
very tasy. Leftovers taste great cold as well
This was very good! but it does not look good!
easy and delicious,thanks for the recipe
i made this last nite and neither me or my husband thought much of it, it tasted like mush. there was no taste at all.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Makeover Main Dish Recipes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >