Makeover Zucchini Apple Bread Recipe
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup grated peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the oil, applesauce, sugars and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, apples and pecans.
- Transfer to three 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Makeover Zucchini Apple Bread(4)
Sort By :
Best bread ever. It is very noisy and not too sweet. This is a keeper.
jcackler, did you use the correct size pan? Maybe that's why yours turned out a little flat.
My bread turned out really tasty. I like it's nice, light taste and like having a zucchini bread recipe that doesn't have chocolate in it. I agree with the other review in that it didn't rise a whole lot, but my loaves were still more bread like than bar like, so it wasn't a big deal. Will be making again.
Mine came out very flat -- so I ended up cutting and serving them as bars instead of bread. Still filling and tasty though.
More Recipe Collections
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >