- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup grated peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the oil, applesauce, sugars and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, apples and pecans.
- Transfer to three 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Makeover Zucchini Apple Bread
"Baked yesterday and thought it was ok......waited to taste again today and oh my, so moist and full of flavor. That's the secret, let it sit one day before eating. Made 3 loaves and theyweren't flat at all as someone else mentioned. Will certainly make again."
"Best bread ever. It is very noisy and not too sweet. This is a keeper."
"jcackler, did you use the correct size pan? Maybe that's why yours turned out a little flat."
"My bread turned out really tasty. I like it's nice, light taste and like having a zucchini bread recipe that doesn't have chocolate in it. I agree with the other review in that it didn't rise a whole lot, but my loaves were still more bread like than bar like, so it wasn't a big deal. Will be making again."
"Mine came out very flat -- so I ended up cutting and serving them as bars instead of bread. Still filling and tasty though."