Makeover Yummy Cake Recipe
This delectable cake lives up to its name and you can enjoy it gult-free. You'll find it makes the perfect ending to most any meal. Debbie Knoll - Ottawa, Illinois
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 can (15 ounces) coconut-pecan frosting
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in coconut and pecans. Pour into two 9-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Place frosting in a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 365 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC