Makeover Yummy Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 can (15 ounces) coconut-pecan frosting
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in coconut and pecans. Pour into two 9-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Place frosting in a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 365 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Yummy Cake
"i gaged... thanks alot for another awesome recipe! NOT"