- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 can (15 ounces) coconut-pecan frosting
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in coconut and pecans. Pour into two 9-in. round baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place frosting in a large bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Yummy Cake in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p21
Reviews for Makeover Yummy Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2012
"i gaged... thanks alot for another awesome recipe! NOT"