Makeover White Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring butter and water just to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat; stir in the flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, applesauce, salt, baking powder, extract and baking soda until smooth.
- 2. Pour into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and extract until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add milk; beat until smooth. Spread over warm cake; sprinkle with walnuts. Cool completely. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece: 266 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Makeover White Texas Sheet Cake
"I made this cake last week and it was oh so good. I did use replacer instead , but it was so good that it was ate without even being frosted!"