- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring butter and water just to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat; stir in the flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, applesauce, salt, baking powder, extract and baking soda until smooth.
- Pour into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and extract until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Add milk; beat until smooth. Spread over warm cake; sprinkle with walnuts. Cool completely. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forMakeover White Texas Sheet Cake
"I made this cake last week and it was oh so good. I did use replacer instead , but it was so good that it was ate without even being frosted!"