Makeover White Layer Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 1% milk
- Coat two 9-in. round baking pans with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar for about 2 minutes or until crumbly. Gradually add egg whites, beating well. Beat in applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to batter alternately with buttermilk until combined.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt. Beat in enough milk until frosting achieves spreading consistency. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Makeover White Layer Cake
Sort By :
I liked this cake. It is moist and spongy. It is still moist and spongy the morning after. I did not use the frosting int he recipe as my daughter wanted chocolate. But the cake is pretty tasty.
The cake had no flavor, (the frosting was ok) I will never make again!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >