- spray; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly,
- about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Beat in the applesauce, extract and reserved chocolate
- mixture (batter will appear curdled). Combine the flours, baking
- powder and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with
- buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in pecans and
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for
- 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and
- chocolate until blended. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until
- smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of
- cake. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove from the refrigerator
- 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 396 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.