These waffles taste just as terrific as the original recipe—with only half the fat. In other words, dust off that waffle iron because these breakfast sensations are a wonderful way to start your day! Carol Burger - Phillips, Wisconsin
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, oil and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In another small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 10 waffles.
Originally published as Makeover Waffles in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p23
Reviews for Makeover Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review