Makeover Velvet Shrimp Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in seafood seasoning; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese just until melted. Return shrimp to the pan and heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 388 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Velvet Shrimp
"This dish was better than some of the Italian restaurants that we have visited. We absolutely loved it. The 1st time I made it, I used the amount of seafood seasoning required but it was a little too spicy for my daughter. The second time I made it I reduced the amount of seasoning and it was great. If you have a taste for shrimp alfredo without the extra calories, this is the dish."
"All we added was mushrooms and used parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella. Perfect meal!!!"
"DELICIOUS, EXCELLENT, FABULOUS! This recipe is so easy and jam packed w/ flavor. The taste buds could not get enough. Will be making this one for many years to come. Thank you."
"This is an excellent recipe. Family asks for it regularly. I usually add mushrooms. Restaurant quality."
"This is a family favorite! We have made this many times now."
"quick and delicious!"
"I thought this was absolutely heavenly! I did up the garlic to 3 cloves because I'm a garlic lover and I used fat-free half & half and it worked wonderfully. Thanks for an awesome dish!!"
"The fat-free version tends to curdle or burn quickly in my experience but I've never tried it in this recipe, could be worth a shot!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.