Makeover Velvet Shrimp Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in seafood seasoning; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese just until melted. Return shrimp to the pan and heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Makeover Velvet Shrimp(8)
Sort By :
All we added was mushrooms and used parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella. Perfect meal!!!
DELICIOUS, EXCELLENT, FABULOUS! This recipe is so easy and jam packed w/ flavor. The taste buds could not get enough. Will be making this one for many years to come. Thank you.
This is an excellent recipe. Family asks for it regularly. I usually add mushrooms. Restaurant quality.
This is a family favorite! We have made this many times now.
Quick and delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Makeover Main Dish Recipes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >