- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in seafood seasoning; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese just until melted. Return shrimp to the pan and heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Makeover Velvet Shrimp
Sort By :
"All we added was mushrooms and used parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella. Perfect meal!!!"
"DELICIOUS, EXCELLENT, FABULOUS! This recipe is so easy and jam packed w/ flavor. The taste buds could not get enough. Will be making this one for many years to come. Thank you."
"This is an excellent recipe. Family asks for it regularly. I usually add mushrooms. Restaurant quality."
"This is a family favorite! We have made this many times now."
"Quick and delicious!"