Makeover Veggie Pizza Squares Recipe
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets, chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- Unroll both tubes of crescent dough and pat into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheeses, yogurt, mayonnaise, milk, dill and garlic salt until smooth. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, green pepper, mushrooms, olives and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Makeover Veggie Pizza Squares
Sort By :
I made this for dinner for my husband and I and it was very good. The only changes I made were regular cream cheese & regular mayo. We are not into fat free/reduced fat products and the added flavor made this recipe wonderful. Thanks for sharing!!
Terrific makeover! I would suggest using minced garlic rather than garlic salt and grated carrot as an alternate to black olives. These two changes would lessen the salt and add some more colour and crunchy texture.