- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2
- minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in applesauce.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda,
- allspice and nutmeg. Add to the butter mixture alternately with sour
- cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in nuts. Spread into
- prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Place one cake layer on a serving
- platter; top with half of the frosting. Repeat layers.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool
- for 2 minutes; drizzle over cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 303 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.