Makeover Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
A slimmed-downed version of this classic by using substituting 1% milk, turkey bacon and reduced-fat cheddar cheese. Try this version and see if you family can tell difference.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 pound turkey bacon (about 9 slices), diced and cooked
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Bake the potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, bacon, 1 cup of cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Spoon into the potato shells.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 298 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 717mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Twice-Baked Potatoes
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2012
"Thanksgiving guests approved! Excellent dish."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC