Makeover Twice-Baked Potatoes
A slimmed-downed version of this classic by using substituting 1% milk, turkey bacon and reduced-fat cheddar cheese. Try this version and see if you family can tell difference.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours + cooling Bake: 30 min.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 pound turkey bacon (about 9 slices), diced and cooked
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Bake the potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a
- thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp,
- leaving a thin shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter.
- Stir in the milk, bacon, 1 cup of cheese, chives, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into the potato shells.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25-30
- minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One potato equals 298 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 717 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,