Makeover Turkey Burgers with Peach Mayo Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 small peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 6 multigrain hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves and slices of peaches, red onion and tomatoes
- 1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peaches and ginger; cook and stir until peaches are tender. Stir in 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a small bowl; cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine onion, pepper, salt and remaining teriyaki sauce. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- 4. Stir mayonnaise into peach mixture. Serve burgers on buns with peach mayo and toppings as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burger (calculated without optional toppings): 319 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Turkey Burgers with Peach Mayo
"Wonderful taste using summer fruits as a topping."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.