- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Combine the flour, salt, white pepper and milk until smooth; stir
- into mushrooms. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Stir in the carrots, parsnips, turkey and peas.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For biscuits, in a bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt and
- baking soda. Combine the egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry
- ingredients until a soft dough forms. Drop dough into nine mounds
- onto turkey mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- biscuits comes out clean and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 9
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup turkey mixture with 1 biscuit equals 290 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.