- 1 cup baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup julienned parsnips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the carrots, parsnips and water; cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Combine the flour, salt, white pepper and milk until smooth; stir into mushrooms. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the carrots, parsnips, turkey and peas. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For biscuits, in a bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Combine the egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms. Drop dough into nine mounds onto turkey mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in biscuits comes out clean and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Turkey Biscuit Bake in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p11
Reviews for Makeover Turkey Biscuit Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2009
I've made this twice now, and each time seems more flavorful. In place of cake flour I use all-purpose flour, sifting 3 times before making the biscuits.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Makeover Main Dish Recipes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >