Makeover Traditional Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Place a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and confectioners' sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place the lemon juice, vanilla, cottage cheese and 1 cup sour cream in a blender; cover and process for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the remaining sour cream. Add flour and pureed cottage cheese mixture; mix well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 3/4 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with caramel topping and chopped candy. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Traditional Cheesecake
Sort By :
Light and delicious!
My family and friends thought this was delicious! They liked how light tasting it was (although I didn't tell them about the ingredients!) not as heavy and dense as most cheesecakes! I'll definitely be making this again!
This cheesecake does take some time and effort to make, but it is soooo worth it! My family and friends loved it, and no one believed me when I said it was a makeover cheesecake. All I can say is YUM!!!
This is a great desert to make I love this recipe, it's well worth the time it takes to make it.
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >