Though softer than a full-fat cheesecake, this lightened-up dessert has all of the original's delectable flavor. It's sure to make any special event more festive. The recipe comes from Anne Addesso of Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Place a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and confectioners' sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place the lemon juice, vanilla, cottage cheese and 1 cup sour cream in a blender; cover and process for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the remaining sour cream. Add flour and pureed cottage cheese mixture; mix well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 3/4 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with caramel topping and chopped candy. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Traditional Cheesecake in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p27
Reviews for Makeover Traditional Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review