Makeover Toffee Crunch Dessert Recipe
I cut 90% of the fat and nearly half the calories from one of my favorite desserts. Try it for yourself! Guests will never suspect the fluffy, layered specialty is on the light side. —Kim Belcher, Kingston Mines, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:15 servings
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in 2 cups whipped topping. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- 2. In a 13x9-in. dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of cake cubes, pudding mixture and crushed candy bars. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
3/4 cup equals 177 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC