Makeover Toffee Crunch Dessert
Kim Belcher of Kingston Mines, Illinois cut 90% of the fat and nearly half the calories from one of her favorite desserts for this must-try sensation. Try it for yourself. Guests will never suspect the fluffy, layered specialty is on the light side.
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), crushed
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2
- minutes or until soft-set. Stir in 2 cups whipped topping. Fold in
- remaining whipped topping.
- In a 13x9-in. dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of cake
- cubes, pudding mixture and crushed candy bars. Repeat layers. Cover
- and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 177 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.