My family likes this granola in so many ways. We sprinkle it over yogurt and ice cream, we eat it with milk like cereal, and we love to just eat it right from the container! —Susan Lajeunesse, Colchester, Vermont
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, bring brown sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the oats, bran flakes, wheat germ, flour and salt. Stir oil and vanilla into sugar mixture; pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until dry and lightly browned, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Makeover Toasted Granola in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p12
Reviews for Makeover Toasted Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2008
"My family enjoy this recipe. We sprinkle it in our yogurt and as our morning cereal. I just grab a handful and eat it as an snack."