- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, bring brown sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the oats, bran flakes, wheat germ, flour and salt. Stir oil and vanilla into sugar mixture; pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until dry and lightly browned, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Makeover Toasted Granola in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p12
Reviews for Makeover Toasted Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 20, 2009
I made this over the weekend. It was fantastic. Everyone loved it. I had never made anything like this before and I was a little nervous. I should have known I could trust TOH! I may never buy boxed cereal again.
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2008
My family enjoy this recipe. We sprinkle it in our yogurt and as our morning cereal. I just grab a handful and eat it as an snack.