Makeover Tempting Tortellini & Ham Recipe
I received this recipe when I got married but it need to lighted up. This version is so much lighter and still tastes delicious.—Lisa Burke, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 3. Add the ham, cheeses, basil, garlic powder and pepper; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Stir in tomato. Drain tortellini mixture; add to the pan and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 334 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 865 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC