Makeover Tater-Topped Casserole Recipe
"I love Tater Tots, and this casserole is a delicious version, but I wish it was healthier.” The Healthy Cooking experts slashed the fat from this favorite dish while keeping all the tots! Scott Woodward - Elkhorn, WI
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup French-fried onions
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and turkey over medium heat until no longer pink. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the meat mixture, vegetables and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine soups and milk; spread over onions. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 340 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC