Makeover Tater-Topped Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup French-fried onions
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook beef and turkey over medium heat until no longer pink. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the meat mixture, vegetables and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine soups and milk; spread over onions. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Tater-Topped Casserole
Sort By :
"very good. I also used reduced fat crm mushroom instead of celery; alot of flavor. Will add more onions next time."
"This was a good! It lacked extra flavor. I added cheddar cheese on top of the soup and used celery instead of the mixed veggies. It was still delicious, but I would have liked a little more flavor."
"Delicious! Added salt and pepper, and used cream of mushroom instead of the celery. We are in MN after all. Thanks!"
"now a family favorite!"
"Delicious! I added a tiny bit of cheddar cheese too. If you don't thaw the tots, it makes a great Freezer Recipe!"