Makeover Swiss Chicken Supreme Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices (3/4 ounce each) reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and milk; pour over chicken. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Swiss Chicken Supreme(19)
Sort By :
Very tasty! I pounded the chicken to tenderize. I topped with Panko, not crackers and butter. I used more garlic powder and onion powder, not minced onion. I serve it over brown rice.
Like fancy Hawaiin haystacks! I took out the sour cream since my family doesn't eat that and it was still delicious!
I used a homemade "Cream of Something Soup Mix" to make this recipe and it was delicious! Before cooking the the chicken I pounded it with a tenderizer and it practically melted after cooking. I liked the swiss cheese, but I think next time I'd like to try maybe a smoked provolone or a sharp cheddar. I topped the mixture with panko crumbs and no butter before baking and it was delicious!
Made this as stated, however used shredded swiss instead of slices. My family enjoyed this very much served over rice. Next time I think I will try sprinkling cayenne over the chicken to give it more flavor and kick. :)
Good quick recipe! I was able to throw it together after I got home from work. Chicken was very moist. It was hard to believe that this was fairly healthy! It took me closer to 40-45 minutes in baking time, but I might have had thicker chicken breasts. We're not big onion fans, so I'll probably cut down ont he minced onion next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >