- In a small bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, milk, brown sugar,
- butter, vanilla, salt and spices. Spread evenly into pastry shell.
- For pecan layer, in another small bowl, whisk egg and brown sugar
- until blended. Add the corn syrup, butter and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in pecans. Pour over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate
- for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 363 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.