Makeover Sunday Brunch Casserole Recipe
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) egg substitute
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Crumble bacon and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs and milk. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, salt, pepper, dill, onion mixture and bacon.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Makeover Sunday Brunch Casserole
Sort By :
"I like to make a brunch casserole each year for Christmas brunch. I like to try a new one each year. This year I chose this one and we really enjoyed this one a lot. I did use all egg substitute instead of eggs and the substitute. We all enjoyed this casserole and I will make it again."
"The recipe sounded very good. I decided to try. My family didn't particularly care for it since it was bland. Next time I may substitute sausage for the bacon. I also had to cook it almost an hour at eventually 400 degrees in order for it to set."
"The hash browns kept this very moist. It was good breakfast dish for overnight guests."
"A question? Why do you have to use eggs AND egg substitute? Why can't you use all egg substitute and cut some cholesterol?"
"My husband is diabetic, but he hates knowing he's eating like it. He loved this casserole so it's a keeper in our house."