Makeover Sunday Brunch Casserole Recipe
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) egg substitute
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Crumble bacon and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs and milk. Stir in the hash browns, cheese, salt, pepper, dill, onion mixture and reserved bacon.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Makeover Sunday Brunch Casserole(10)
Sort By :
The hash browns kept this very moist. It was good breakfast dish for overnight guests.
A question? Why do you have to use eggs AND egg substitute? Why can't you use all egg substitute and cut some cholesterol?
My husband is diabetic, but he hates knowing he's eating like it. He loved this casserole so it's a keeper in our house.
I followed directions to a tee. It was very bland. My family didn't like it.
Very good, added mushrooms & used ham instead of bacon. Nice to be able to make ahead. A keeper for sure. I had trouble getting the shredded home fries so I bought the big ones and cut them up.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >