We barely noticed the difference in this lightened-up version of our favorite dish. We tried it with friends and loved it. —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
- 20 baby Yukon Gold potatoes (2 pounds)
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. Remove 1/3 cup pulp (discard or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash the remaining pulp with cream cheese. Add sour cream and half of the bacon. Stir in the cheeses, green onions, salt and pepper; spoon into potato shells.
- Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Originally published as Makeover Stuffed Potato Appetizers in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p22
Reviews for Makeover Stuffed Potato Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2015
"what does step #2 mean, saying, "Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. Remove 1/3 cup pulp" ? Confusing. They sound delicious and I wanted to try this version. Wish I could rate it higher, but not having tried the recipe, I can't yet."