Makeover Stuffed Potato Appetizers Recipe
- 20 baby Yukon Gold potatoes (2 pounds)
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. Remove 1/3 cup pulp (discard or save for another use).
- 3. In a large bowl, mash the remaining pulp with cream cheese. Add sour cream and half of the bacon. Stir in the cheeses, green onions, salt and pepper; spoon into potato shells.
- 4. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 40 appetizers.
1 stuffed potato half: 35 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Stuffed Potato Appetizers
"made this as a side dish, and was really really good. Pretty easy to do, my only problem was not breaking the potatoes. I used marble cheese instead of Monterrey jack and cheddar and got told to make it again!!!"
"what does step #2 mean, saying, "Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. Remove 1/3 cup pulp" ? Confusing. They sound delicious and I wanted to try this version. Wish I could rate it higher, but not having tried the recipe, I can't yet."