Makeover Stuffed Potato Appetizers Recipe
Thank you for the makeover recipe! We tried it with friends and we loved it. We barely noticed the difference. Thank you for keeping all of the cheeses. —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
- 20 baby Yukon Gold potatoes (2 pounds)
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. Remove 1/3 cup pulp (discard or save for another use).
- 3. In a large bowl, mash the remaining pulp with cream cheese. Add sour cream and half of the bacon. Stir in the cheeses, green onions, salt and pepper; spoon into potato shells.
- 4. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 40 appetizers.
1 stuffed potato half equals 35 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC