- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter and eggs. Stir in juice and vanilla. Spoon into potato shells.
- Divide between two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over top. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Streusel-Topped Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
absolutely delicious! I don't typically eat coconut but it was great in this recipe
My family of 7 loved this recipe. It was like a twice baked potato in a sweet potato form. It was sweet and crunchy and fun to make
Easy to make & absolutely delicious.
I liked this and so did my kids, I will make this agin! I don't really like nuts, but I loved the taste and texture of this dish, well done!!!!!! We were out of pecans, so we used walnuts, chopped, worked great!!!!
My older son loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Makeover Side Dish Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >