People really do "eat with their eyes," and no one ever misses the fat and calories in this dish when they see how yummy and attractive the makeover version is. —Tamra Duncan, Lincoln, Arkansas
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter and eggs. Stir in juice and vanilla. Spoon into potato shells.
- Divide between two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over top. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Streusel-Topped Sweet Potatoes in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p27
Reviews for Makeover Streusel-Topped Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review