- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar blend
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- Reduced-fat whipped topping or reduced-fat strawberry ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in strawberries and rhubarb until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar blend and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch
Sort By :
"It needs no water. The fruits have enough moisture in them"
"There is no water listed in the ingredients."
"Oh yeah - I didn't have any splenda sugar, but would try that way. Any way that we can use rhubarb, I will Love that stuff."
"Made this recipe as stated, and it was wonderful! I doubled the ingredients and baked it in a 9x13 baking dish."