- 2 cups crushed pretzels (8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and 3 tablespoons sugar. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add water to pineapple juice if necessary to measure 1 cup; pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour into a large bowl; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Drain strawberries, reserving juice; set strawberries aside. Add water to strawberry juice if necessary to measure 1-1/2 cups; stir into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Stir in reserved pineapple and strawberries. Carefully spoon over filling. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe for over 20 years. The grandchildren love it ."
"This was so good. I'd use any sugar, just splenda and it turned out great. No one guested it was healthy."
"I was making this for a diabetic and used only Splenda. Also found frozen strawberries sweetened with Splenda. Everyone at work loved it. The jello didn't have a chance to get soft."