- 2 cups crushed pretzels (8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and 3 tablespoons sugar. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar substitute and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add water to pineapple juice if necessary to measure 1 cup; pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour into a large bowl; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Drain strawberries, reserving juice; set strawberries aside. Add water to strawberry juice if necessary to measure 1-1/2 cups; stir into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Stir in reserved pineapple and strawberries. Carefully spoon over filling. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Sort By :
I have made this recipe for over 20 years. The grandchildren love it .
This was so good. I'd use any sugar, just splenda and it turned out great. No one guested it was healthy.
I was making this for a diabetic and used only Splenda. Also found frozen strawberries sweetened with Splenda. Everyone at work loved it. The jello didn't have a chance to get soft.