Makeover Spinach Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Fresh spinach leaves
- 1. Combine the first nine ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Serve over fresh spinach. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
One serving (2 tablespoons dressing, calculated without spinach) equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.