Makeover Spinach Artichoke Spread
Makeover Spinach Artichoke Spread was a bubbling-hot success for our recipe revamp team. It boasts 60% less fat than the original recipe that Susanne Nonekowski sent from Oak Harbor, Ohio. It even has nearly half of the calories.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) soft tofu, drained
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Spoon into an ungreased
- 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25
- minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 109 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.