Makeover Spinach Artichoke Spread Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) soft tofu, drained
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 5 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Makeover Spinach Artichoke Spread
Sort By :
"This recipe inspired me to try another version, going for a creamier, more dip-like quality. Substitute the mayo for low-fat or fat-free cream cheese and fresh spinach. A quick pulse in the blender (with a pinch of sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper) mixes the ingredients beautifully."
"Doesn't compare to the original version of this recipe. Served it for a appetizer & didn't even get half-finished. Sad loss of artichokes :("
"This was FANTASTIC!! My daughter's friend is a hostess at a very upscale restaurant and they serve the "fat" version. She tried and loved it. She practically licked the bowl clean, and she actually thought it was every bit as good as the "fat" one. I will definitely be making this again and again. Thanks!"