- addition. Beat in the buttermilk, applesauce and vanilla (mixture
- will appear curdled).
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt
- and allspice; stir into butter mixture just until blended. Stir in
- the apples, walnuts and chips.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners'
- sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 270 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.