- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 ounces cubed reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 4 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- Place the potatoes, celery and onion in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook just until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in the flour, salt, celery seed and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer sauce to a large bowl; stir in the sour cream, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, process cheese and 3 tablespoons chives. Drain potato mixture; add to sauce and gently stir until coated.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Sour Cream Potatoes in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p10
Reviews for Makeover Sour Cream Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review