Makeover Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg, then egg whites, beating well after each addition. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; add batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 285 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.