- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chili powder, garlic salt and cumin. Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray
- In a large saucepan, whisk flour and broth until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese until melted.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas; sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Top with tomatoes if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Makeover Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
"Our favorite enchilada recipe by far."
"One of my favorite dishes ----"
"My family voted to replace our usual enchilada recipe with this one. Even pickiest eater finished her dinner! I used the mission low-carb/high fiber tortillas with success."
"Yumm!! Simple and delicious. This recipe is a keeper!"
"So yummy! Even my ultra picky kids ate it!!"