Makeover Silverglade Salad Recipe
- 6 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 4 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat Swiss cheese, julienned
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted soy nuts
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, grapes and cheeses. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the water, vinegar, oil, brown sugar and mustard; shake well.
- 2. Add onions to the dressing; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with soy nuts and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 15 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup: 225 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Silverglade Salad
"A deliciously lighter version of the original Silverglade salad. This was a hit at our church potluck dinner today...no leftovers! I did use honey roasted peanuts, because the soy nuts weren't available. But the lighter Dijon vinaigrette dressing was more to my taste than that of the original recipe. I felt that the amount of cheese could even be reduced further, and the lesser amount of bacon was ample for flavor and crunch. Delicious!"