Makeover Silverglade Salad Recipe
We turned a calorie-laden salad into a light and delicious medley you can feel good about serving. Dressed up with a variety of toppings and a tasty dressing, it's sure to be a hit!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:15 servings
- 6 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 4 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat Swiss cheese, julienned
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups honey-roasted soy nuts
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, grapes and cheeses. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the water, vinegar, oil, brown sugar and mustard; shake well.
- 2. Add onions to the dressing; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with soy nuts and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 15 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup equals 225 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC