- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat
- until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving drippings.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and pepper. Add
- shrimp, a few at a time, and shake to coat; set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in the bacon drippings until tender. Add the onions,
- garlic and shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the
- lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon pepper sauce and remaining broth.
- Stir the cheeses, butter, white pepper and remaining pepper sauce
- into the grits. Serve with shrimp mixture. Top with reserved bacon.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups grits with 1/2 cup shrimp mixture equals 423 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 784 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.