Makeover Semisweet Espresso Cheesecake Recipe
With fabulous flavor and a firmer texture that cuts like a breeze, this dish has only half the saturated fat and cholesterol as the original. —Sonya Labbe, Santa Monica, California
- 2 cups crushed reduced-fat Oreo cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1. Place a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheeses and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the coffee liqueur, espresso powder and vanilla. Remove 1-1/4 cups batter to a small bowl; stir in chocolate until well blended.
- 4. Pour plain batter over crust. Drop chocolate batter by tablespoons over plain batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 272 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Semisweet Espresso Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC