Makeover Scalloped Pineapple
This sweet holiday side dish is buttery, sugary and big on pineapple flavor, but now it's not nearly as bad for you as the original. In fact, you might not want to wait on the holidays. —Nancy Brown, Dahinda, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 8 cups cubed bread
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2
- minutes. Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time, beating well after
- each addition. Stir in pineapple and milk; add bread cubes and toss
- to coat.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bread cubes
- are lightly browned. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 316 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.