Makeover Scalloped Pineapple Recipe
This sweet holiday side dish is buttery, sugary and big on pineapple flavor, but now it's not nearly as bad for you as the original. In fact, you might not want to wait on the holidays. —Nancy Brown, Dahinda, Illinois
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 8 cups cubed bread
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple and milk; add bread cubes and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bread cubes are lightly browned. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Scalloped Pineapple in Healthy Cooking December/January 2011, p24
Reviews for Makeover Scalloped Pineapple(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010
Not quite as decadent and rich as the full-calorie version, but a great healthier substitute. My family all liked it.
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2010
Excellent recipe! My family loved it! It goes great with store-bought or homemade honey baked ham.
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Makeover Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >