Makeover Scalloped Pineapple Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 8 cups cubed bread
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple and milk; add bread cubes and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bread cubes are lightly browned. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Scalloped Pineapple in Healthy Cooking December/January 2011, p24
Reviews for Makeover Scalloped Pineapple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2010
Not quite as decadent and rich as the full-calorie version, but a great healthier substitute. My family all liked it.
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2010
Excellent recipe! My family loved it! It goes great with store-bought or homemade honey baked ham.
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Makeover Recipes >
- Makeover Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >