Makeover Rum Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour; add pecans. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, rum, oil, applesauce and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Rum Cake
Sort By :
I made this rum cake for my family on new years eve, and it taste so good so i made another one the week after for my best friend she wanted the recipe so i shared the website with her.:-)
I made this cake for the first time and it turned out great! I followed the recipe exactly as written only using 2% milk instead of fat-free. I will definitely make this again!
So good and so easy!
I made this several times over the holidays and each time there was nothing left over to take home. Also, no one knew it the healthy version. Once, I mention that I had people asking me for the recipe.
Fantastic! Not just delicious, but beautiful, too.