Makeover Rosemary Muffins Recipe
In this recipe, we created light, full-flavored muffins that accompany any meal beautifully. While we knocked off a hefty amount of saturated fat, calories, sodium and cholesterol from the original, these tasty makeover muffins never let on that they’re healthier. —Marlea Rice Warren, St. Louis Park, Minnesota
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Greek olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, milk, oil and mustard. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, olives and rosemary.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 217 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 394 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Rosemary Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC