Makeover Rosemary Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Greek olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, milk, oil and mustard. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, olives and rosemary.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Makeover Rosemary Muffins
Sort By :
"More like biscuits than muffins, I found these to be very heavy and dense. If you choose to make these, I would say you might need to play with the amount of soda or wet ingredients. And for goodness sake, do NOT use muffin liners. At least half of the final product stuck to the paper."
"These are delicious! I love rosemary so I used fresh and a bit more than called for and even more wouldn't have been bad. The batter was quite thick and dry so I had to add in a bit more milk and I got 18 muffins, not 12. Def would make again for a dinner party as an alternative to plain ole rolls!!"
"I read the recipe and I salivated. I can't rate it because I haven't made it yet (I very much intend to). This seems to be the perfect starch side (in place of potatoes or rice) for a leg of lamb. Split and buttered (or dry) it will be perfect for dipping into the jus. Just an aside. I feel that the use of salt is unnecessary as the olives and feta will provide that strength. This will cut the sodium. If you're worried about calories just cut or eliminate the sugar. It is a savory side after all.Once I make it I will rate but I think the rating will be will be high. Thank you Marlea for a great idea!"