This makeover recipe still remain sweetly satisfying, but have about 40% fewer calories and less than half the fat and saturated fat of the original.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package reduced-fat fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; stir in pecans. Spread batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, milk, butter, cocoa and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over marshmallows. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Makeover Rocky Road Fudge Brownies in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p14
Reviews for Makeover Rocky Road Fudge Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2008
"This are really pretty and good tasting . My grandchildren loved them"
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2007
"From the picture it looks like it would be good"