- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In the same pan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon and set aside. Saute garlic in butter and oil for 1 minute. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese until melted. Drain pasta; add to pan. Stir in the salt, asparagus, parsley and reserved bacon. Sprinkle with pepper and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Makeover Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus
Sort By :
"Whole family loved it after it was tweaked a little. It isn't very saucy when finished so I added more half and half the second time I made it. I think when I make this again, I will either double the sauce or increase it by one half. It can also be made with ham instead of the bacon."
"One of our family favorites. We use gluten free noodles."
"doesn't reheat well though, but it is delicious"
"Really good!! I used more cheese and garlic, really great, I make this as a side or lunch"