- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Fill a 6-qt. stockpot 3/4 full with water; bring to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Return water to a boil; cook rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Drain rigatoni; return to pan. Stir in asparagus, bacon, parsley, salt, pepper and cream sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Makeover Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus
Sort By :
"Whole family loved it after it was tweaked a little. It isn't very saucy when finished so I added more half and half the second time I made it. I think when I make this again, I will either double the sauce or increase it by one half. It can also be made with ham instead of the bacon."
"One of our family favorites. We use gluten free noodles."
"doesn't reheat well though, but it is delicious"
"Really good!! I used more cheese and garlic, really great, I make this as a side or lunch"