- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and orange marmalade until blended;
- add the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the rhubarb, milk and orange
- peel; pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the sugar, 1
- tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form.
- Immediately spread over hot filling, sealing edges; sprinkle with
- nuts. Bake 12-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool for
- at least 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Land O' Lakes light stick butter. If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 332 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.